April 27, 2020 – the Ontario Government announced it’s “Framework for Reopening our Province”.
- no hard dates
- no specific businesses or services identified
- each stage is estimated to be two-to-four weeks, subject to virus containment
- “select workplaces” that can immediately modify their operations to meet physical-distancing requirements, such as using curb-side pickup or delivery, will be allowed to open
- some outdoor spaces such as parks will be opened, and a greater number of people will be allowed to attend events such as funerals
- hospitals will start rescheduling some surgeries and other postponed medical services
– more workplaces allowed to open, including some service industries as well as retail and office workplaces
– more outdoor spaces will open and larger public gatherings will be allowed
– all workplaces will be reopened and restrictions on public gatherings will be relaxed further. However, large gatherings such as concerts and sporting events will “continue to be restricted for the foreseeable future"