Meet Our
Personal Injury

If you have been injured, there may be benefits and compensation available to help you cope. You may be entitled to medical and rehabilitation benefits, as well as compensation for pain and suffering, loss of income, health care expenses, housekeeping costs, compensation for family members affected by your injuries and other losses.

Monique Meloche,
Monique Meloche,

When you or someone in your family has been injured, it can be difficult to know what to do. Your life can change dramatically. The effects of an accident can be overwhelming and can include:

  • physical and emotional suffering
  • required medical treatment
  • financial impact from disability
  • lost employment
  • interference with normal activities of daily living
  • impact on relationships with family and friends

During this time, it can be difficult to navigate through complex and confusing legal and insurance issues. You need to know your rights.

At WARDS LAWYERSPC , we focus on helping you move forward.

Practice Areas

At WARDS LAWYERSPC , we are focused on using our experience and skills to help individuals who have been injured.

We have dedicated our personal injury law practice to matters involving:


We provide advice and representation to those injured in motor vehicle, truck, motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile and boating accidents, as well as injured bicyclists and pedestrians.


In Ontario, all drivers, passengers, cyclists and pedestrians are entitled to claim no-fault motor vehicle accident benefits if injured in a motor vehicle accident; we guide our clients through the process and access the benefits they are entitled to through no-fault motor vehicle accident benefits.


We represent grieving families who have lost a loved one as a result of a motor vehicle accident or another person's negligence and work to secure compensation and reimbursement of expenses.


We work to secure our clients the medical care, compensation and support they require following a severe injury, including spinal cord and brain injuries.


We work to recover damages in slip/trip and fall accidents, breaches of building codes, municipal property accidents on roads and sidewalks, dog bites and attacks, defective product and tavern liability cases.


We represent people who have suffered abuse or neglect while in long-term care homes or assisted living facilities.


We assist with appealing denials for long-term disability and CPP disability benefits to get our clients the benefits they deserve.

Important Timelines

After an accident, it is critical that you obtain advice and guidance as quickly as possible to ensure your rights are protected. There are strict timelines and many procedures to be followed that affect your ability to receive benefits and fair and rightful compensation, including but not limited to:

  • You must notify your insurance company of a motor vehicle accident within 7 days.
  • You must submit a claim for motor vehicle accident benefits within 30 days of receiving the claims forms from your insurance company.
  • You have 120 days from the date of a car accident to advise the responsible party that you are going to start a lawsuit.
  • You have 2 years to sue the responsible driver if you are injured in a car accident.
  • In many other cases of injury in an incident that is not a car accident, the deadline to sue is 2 years from the date of the incident.
  • If you have suffered personal injury caused by snow or ice, you must provide a written notice of the claim and serve it on the responsible parties within 60 days.
  • If you have a potential claim against a government body or a municipal, county, or provincial road authority, you may be required to give notice within 10 days or less following an accident.

If you do not provide proper notice as required and start a lawsuit within the proper time limit, you may lose your right to pursue a claim.

To avoid missing a deadline, contact WARDS LAWYERSPC immediately to discuss your rights. We will help you through the process and act quickly to ensure that you do not overlook important procedures or deadlines.


At WARDS LAWYERSPC , we have a deep commitment to our community.

Our connection to our community means that we are connected with local practitioners and services and can assist you in obtaining the most effective rehabilitation team to meet your needs.

We can help you co-ordinate your rehabilitation through occupational therapists, physical therapists, psychologists, case managers and other health professionals. We take an active role with your treatment providers to understand your needs and pursue the appropriate resources to assist you with your recovery.

From rehabilitation and treatment, to retraining and help finding a path to a more productive life, we help you connect with solutions that suit your needs.

Because of the nature of our work, we also understand the importance of injury prevention and safety. We are active participants in raising awareness of critical issues in our community, such as mental health and injury prevention.


At WARDS LAWYERSPC , we understand that you may be facing financial difficulties following a serious injury. Our personal injury services are available on a contingency fee basis. This means you will not pay any legal fees until we recover compensation for you.

You can obtain more information about contingency fees from the Law Society of Ontario.

Our standard contingency fee is 1/3 (33.33%). This is the most we will ever charge you for legal fees relating to your personal injury case.


Our office is wheelchair accessible to accommodate the needs of all of our clients. We can also arrange to meet with you at home or in the hospital.

You need information to make the right choices. At WARDS LAWYERSPC , we will review the details of your case and how your life has been disrupted by your injury. We will explain your rights and the legal process to help you decide on the best course of action.

Your Complete Personal Injury Legal Team

Lawyers serving Lindsay, Kawartha Lakes, and surrounding area

Monique Meloche,
Rylea Rea,
Personal Injury Law Clerk
Back to top