Many CKL restaurants are re-opening for Phase 2 as of tomorrow, in an outdoor capacity for now.
To assist with the transition, here is a tip sheet of recommendations for ensuring a safe re-opening, while promoting the health and safety of everyone:
- patio must be open to the air; no tents, structures or canopies. Umbrellas are allowed for sun shade.
- the required distance between adjacent edges of tables is two metres.
- temporary table dividers may be installed to make physical distancing easier for restaurants with communal seating or larger tables.
- groups must be seated two metres from another group.
- ensure that a distance of two metres is maintained between customers or groups that are together. Co-mingling should be avoided.
- limit the time servers spend within two metres of customers.
- allow space for the safe circulation of customers and staff.
- consider a reservation system to avoid lines of waiting customers.
- ensure that lines of waiting customers do not come close to patio customers.
- demarcate floors with markers for any areas where a line-up may occur.
- mark the direction of travel to designate entrances and exits, pick up areas and washrooms.
- post signage promoting physical distancing upon entry.
For a complete list of the health and safety guidelines recommended by the Ontario government:
Restaurants (food premises):
Restaurant servers, cooks and dishwashers: